Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hola everybody!
Well the MTC has had its ups and downs in the last week but it has been overall a pretty enlightening experience. Our whole district is going to Argentina, while some of us are going to Buenos Aires and the others are going to Resistencia. The language is coming along and I surprisingly remember a lot from high school and plus I know the Lord is helping me right now with it. Our second day, we had to teach an "investigator" that does not speak English at all. We're all pretty sure that she does speak English, but she is pretty convincing that she knows nothing about the church and can't speak a lick of English. My companion and I stumbled through our first one but we've gotten progressively better at it throughout the next few lecciones. My companion's name is Elder Nielson from Spanish Fork, Utah and he is pretty funny, he does a lot of impressions of basically anyone. His Hagrid from Harry Potter is the best, our teacher told him to tell it to our investigator so we'll see how that goes haha. 
I'm pretty sure the first shock of the MTC has a lot to do with recognizing our inadequacies in being able to convince someone that we have the restored Gospel. That just isn't our job, our job is to create an environment with our testimonies of the Gospel and the Book of Mormon, where the Spirit can testify and truly convert others to change their lives. When we are set apart as missionaries, we take on the name Elder and we recognize that we as individuals don't really matter anymore, only through Heavenly Father are we able to do anything of real importance. In order to become true tools in the Lord's hand, we have to go through these humbling experience so that we can ask Him for help. Then through obedience, the Lord can trust us to do the right thing when He puts us in the situations that He needs us to do. Alright well I love all of you and I'm excited to hear from you. Mail is precious here, and I'm pretty sure that won't change my whole mission so I want to hear from everybody :) Ah I already feel like Zac preaching every week on the email, but it really struck me that we're not, individually, important in this work, all we need to do is be obedient and put in the work and then we'll be able to see miracles in our lives and the lives of those around us. 
Yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador y el Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios! Hasta luego!
Love,
Elder Wardle

No comments:

Post a Comment