Friday, November 16, 2012

Halfway there in the MTC!


Hey fam!
Well we are a month old now, so I guess that gives us leave to strut around like big dogs on campus here at the MTC. Oh and there are now two younger districts in our zone, so we kind of are! Anyways, I'm appreciating all the support! 

Our district is progressing and our Spanish is coming along with our awesome castellano accent. There are moments when my teacher talks and I just understand without translating, so I feel really blessed that the Lord is helping me out in everything while I am here.

Our district had a really strong testimony/prayer meeting last night and we remarked how the five of us feel like a single companionship. We are all extremely different, but I guess that goes to show that when you are working in the Gospel together, differences are celebrated rather than contended against and we truly become brothers in the work. 

We watched Elder Holland's talk, "Missions are Forever," this Sunday and it was extremely powerful. He challenged us to take the scripture, Moses 1:39, and personalize it, being able to say that this is MY work and MY glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. That is really the big picture of what we need to focus on during the mission and for the rest of our lives. When we place our will in His, we want to continually help others enter into His eternal rest after this life. 

I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve because it truly doesn't feel like a sacrifice to me to not have to worry about money, girls, or anything else and just focus on others' progress in the Gospel, and I hope that never changes.

Another thing I have been thinking a lot about this week is contentedness (don't know if that's a word but the spell check didn't grab it) and about what happens to progress when we become content. When we are content, we don't worry about pushing ourselves, but just kick back. So I've made it a personal challenge not to get too comfortable, with the language/lessons/whatever, so that I am always striving to improve and better myself. 

Elder Holland talked about how if we want to see miracles, do the things that Jesus did, we have to go out to where He did those things, outside of the comfort zone where God can do incredible things. I think the quote was, "Man's extremity is God's opportunity." 

So I guess that is it for this week. I love you all and love hearing from you. Until next week!

Love,
Elder Wardle

No comments:

Post a Comment