Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving in the MTC!


Que tal!
Alright, our week has been incredible and super enlightening. Stoked to hear that Kaley and Danny are naming their son Fox! One of the games we've been playing here at the MTC is trying to guess others' first names just by what they seem and look like, and sometimes I'm right on and others I couldn't be further from reality.

Anyways, I've been focusing on the idea of agency in my studies and the Seventy that spoke with us yesterday spoke about agency as well. Agency is so important to Heavenly Father that He allowed a third of His children to leave and "lose their first estate" to preserve it. If we are given this incredible chance to choose for ourselves, what are we doing with that gift? 

I have been reflecting on what I have done with my agency and I know that I can do so much better. I want to live in such a way that my will is completely aligned with my Heavenly Father's and He can trust me. As we were speaking within our district last night, I had the thought that I want my obedience to the commandments and covenants to be reflexive, never having to worry about what decision I am going to make when it comes to moral decisions.

Besides that point, I'm so excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow and gratitude is something so simple that we forget to do daily. The Lord blesses us with so many things, big and small, DAILY and we fail to express our gratitude for them. While being on a mission I have tried to be more thankful for my blessings, especially for my progress with the language and learning of the doctrine. As I have done that, I have seen the Lord's hand in my life more and more, which has made me more grateful. It's an awesome cycle! 

Alright, well, I hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving and I encourage each of you (whoever is reading this) to kneel down at your bedside tomorrow evening and pour your heart out in gratitude for all of your many, many blessings to your Heavenly Father. I love you all! 

Durante manana, estara pensando sobre ustedes y orando por su felicidad.

Con amor,
Elder Wardle

No comments:

Post a Comment