Monday, December 17, 2012

Denver is Pretty Darn Cold!


Well, I've been in Denver for about a week now and it's been pretty good. Last Monday President Maynes and his assistants picked us up from the airport and then we had some orientation stuff and a little devotional at his house that evening. Then on Tuesday we had our transfer meeting in the morning and I've been assigned to the town of Lakewood in the Dartmouth ward, which is a suburb of Denver. I'm on a bike! So that is pretty fun, though we get cold with the wind and all. 

Elder Nielsen is my companion...again, my last companion's name was Elder Nielson. My current companion is from Pocatello, so we know a few people, including Missy which is kinda cool. We also are living with members, and they are an awesome older couple who have served a few missions in Denmark and Sweden. 

We don't have many investigators but we have been meeting with a lot of less actives who we are trying to reactivate, so that's good but it's just kind of hard to wake them up so to speak and get them doing the things they should be doing. I'm also speaking English here, so hopefully I don't lose all my Spanish before I get to Argentina. 

We were able to meet with the consulate about a week and a half ago and we just had to sign some things in front of her. It was pretty awesome to hear her speak Spanish because of her accent. She said that the visas should be done within the next few weeks, but we will probably be in Denver for at least six weeks so we arrive with other missionaries at the same time. 

I did get to speak Spanish once when we were knocking doors and the guy didn't speak English, but I really don't know what he understood haha. We are having a good time and it is pretty awesome being able to bear my testimony all day. We have also been working a lot with members, which has been awesome because it feels a little like home as the members seem to be pretty similar here. 

Alright, well I guess that is it, the work goes and it has been wonderful preaching the Gospel during the Christmas season. We should be focused on Him, and the sacrifice He did for us, and I invite all of you to be focused on Him throughout the whole year, and let a spirit of Christmas be in your hearts always, because in all reality we can't do anything of real worth without Him.

Love,
Elder Wardle

No comments:

Post a Comment