Monday, March 11, 2013

Estoy aca en Argentina!

Hola!

I finally made it here in Argentina and it is just insane being here and preaching the Gospel. Just extremely different. We have already seen some success and if all goes as planned we will be having three baptisms on Saturday. 

Apparently this ward, Parque Chacabuco, is famous in the mission for being super awesome because the ward is super strong. Seriously, look up the ward, they have 18 missionaries out right now and will have 25 in the next few months. The bishop just works, and the ward is super small too. Maybe 100 members, it's so awesome. 

There are four missionaries serving here and the other missionaries work in the Villa, which is just a super poor area where there are drug dealers, so they have to be careful.  So hopefully I go in there sometime soon haha. 

We´re teaching a family, a woman, Alejandra, her adopted brother, Pablo, and then her four kids, Oriana, Kevin, Uriel, y Priscila, and they are so cool. They basically all know it is true. Elder Pastrana, my companion, was writing in Priscila´s Book of Mormon last night, writing ¨Is the book of Mormon true?¨ so she could pray and she looks at him like he is crazy and says ¡Si, es verdadero! or Of course it is true!. It was so cool haha. 

My companion is awesome, super bold with everyone and just awesome. He is from Kaysville, Utah, but his dad is Mexican so he looks pretty native to here. Everyone is super surprised when he speaks to me in English, like he is a genius for knowing English haha. 

Alright well, I think that is it for the week, I don´t have much time left but I love all of you and keep writing me. ¡Ciao!

Elder Wardle

Fun Facts about Argentina
We don´t have hot water in the apartment, so we shower out of a bucket of boiled water and then we add cold water.
I sweat all the time. I´ll sit inside someone´s house drinking juice, and I´ll be sweating.
They love mayonnaise here, I have no idea why.

No comments:

Post a Comment