Monday, July 8, 2013

FIRST WEEK in CABALLITO


Hola!
So we´re in a super rich area, which is super interesting and we only had about 6 lessons this week. But its alright. 

The first night we were here we had the ward list and we went to the first name that looked good and it was the brother in the ward that was replacement bishop for four months. Their previous bishop moved and they didn´t call another one until this past Sunday, the 30 of June. Brother Boyer, who was in the bishopric, is from Canada and served his mission here, so he always speaks to me in English haha.

There are a bunch of members here who speak English, which is really weird but fun. A couple just returned from serving as mission president in Paraguay this past week and they are going to be awesome, I know that. 

And besides that we´ve just been walking a lot through the city, a little lost, but learning the area and getting to know the area. I´m really excited to be here. It´s extremely different from Chacabuco, even though we share a border haha. 

Happy Fourth of July to everyone haha. I totally forgot about it and then we were calling members in the evening and one of the members told me which was kind of a shock.

My companion is really funny. He´s from Salta and talks just like a pure Argentine, as Argentine as you can get basically haha. Elder Pastrana is in the zone and doesn´t really like the accent here, but I always have and he told me during the zone meeting, Ïf you want to speak like an Argentine, just listen to your companion haha¨. Very blunt and says crazy things sometimes but we´re getting along. 

Thanks to everybody for writing me. You guys rock and are always in my prayers. 

Love you!

Elder Wardle

No comments:

Post a Comment