Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Got Transferred and New Mission President!


Hola todos,

Well, I finally got transferred from Parque Chacabuco to just right above it in Caballito. We live about 15 blocks from my last apartment. I´m opening an area with Elder Caballero from Salta, Argentina. He´s about to complete a year in the mission, so we´re young and we´ll be figuring out what to do in this area because we are both new. Exciting but a little scary. Looks like President opened up a few areas this transfer.

President Gulbrandsen left last Friday and President Ayre came in. It was really sad to see the Gulbrandsens leave, he taught us a few things before he left which rocked. 

We got to have a meeting with President and Sister Ayre yesterday. They have four kids and brought two of them with them, one is 14 and the other 11. He served in Panama/Costa Rica 20 years ago and Sister Ayre´s spanish is already pretty good. He told us a story about how after his mission he started a bungie jumping company in Provo. Yeah, we´ve got the coolest president haha. He is extremely humble and full of energy, we´re really excited to have him here.

Alright well this transfer will be super interesting, I know I´m going to have to stretch and learn a lot because my companion and I know nothing. We don´t even know where the chapel is. I´m excited though, all the sisters (this is a sister area) that have been here were telling me that this is their favorite area.

This last week in Parque Chacabuco was awesome. We didn´t have any baptisms, but two confirmations and our highest attendance so far. Sad to see it go but I know this area is going to be awesome. 

Elder Young and I were sad to say goodbye to each other, we thought we were going to have another transfer together, but he´s going to be training this transfer, so I´m excited to hear about that. 

Alright well I guess that is it. Hope you are all enjoying the heat of all heat. I´m a little bit chilled right now to be honest haha.

Love,

Elder Wardle

No comments:

Post a Comment