Monday, October 21, 2013

FINDING

HOLLA! That is holla as Ellen uses it and not hola like the spanish greeting, para que sepan. 

Anyways, we had an awesome week filled with finding because we didn´t really have any progressing investigators. The week before that we had to drop a bunch of people because they didn´t progress so we started from scratch this week, and the Lord blessed us.

We found three really promising investigators and one of them came to church! His name is Emanuel and is 25 and spends a ton of time playing League of Legends on the computer so we need to break him of that habit but oh well. Something funny here in Buenos Aires is that when it rains, people think that it is an excuse to not fulfill their responsibilities. They don´t go to school, work, whatever. We called some people in the morning on Sunday and invited them to church and they responded, ¨But it is raining!¨ and so I said ¨And? We´re still going to have church!¨ Crazy how people´s minds work. 

Discovered that I love talking to people all the time. Something that used to annoy me all the time when Dad did it and now I´m exactly the same. I think I annoy some people with it too but most people are pretty friendly and excited to talk to someone from the United States. Everybody thinks I´m from Germany, not sure why. 

Well, I guess that is it. You guys are in my prayers. Felt really strongly in church yesterday that we, the members, need to strengthen our testimony in the Restoration and the Book of Mormon so that we have the ganas, forgot the word in english, I think it is like motivation or something like that, to share it with others. Think of it like your beach bod. If you are out of shape you don´t want summer to come cause you're gonna be the guy in the t shirt haha. But if you work out and do what you can to strengthen yourself you are ready for the summer. Just came to me haha. 

Alright love you guys. 

Love,

Elder Wardle

No comments:

Post a Comment