Monday, December 30, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

So we had a pretty hot awesome Christmas here in Argentina. Alright, so the way they celebrate here is nowhere near how awesome it is in the States but it is alright. Basically Fourth of July kind of with barbecue and then fireworks at midnight. A few gifts too. The fireworks went on for a while and my companion tells me it will be worse on New Years so wish me luck. 

Ezequiel, who got baptized last week, got confirmed yesterday so that was pretty good. 

Yesterday we went to got pick up our lunch because they didn´t have time for us to eat with them so we walked to their house, which is probably a little over a mile and then back. We got home completely drenched in sweat it was really gross but pretty funny also. 

Something I learned in this last week is that the Gospel is easy. I was testifying of the Gospel and this came into my mind and I realized how true it was. I already had heard it but not sure if I really understood it. The decision to leave behind our old life is what is difficult. When we give up everything and give it to the Lord, He makes it a lot easier for us. 

There is a quote from C.S. Lewis that I heard lately and really liked. Something about how the Lord doesn´t want to bind or subdue the natural man, but has come to kill him. If we can take off the natural man or kill him, then the Gospel life is easy to live. Not really sure if this makes sense to anyone else but me but I liked it. 

Thank you all for being such an amazing family. Christmas away from your family is not the most fun thing in the world but I know that I am where I am supposed to be and that makes me happy :) 

Happy New Year! Take a bunch of pictures and send them on down here! 


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment