Monday, August 5, 2013

FIRST BAPTISM IN CABALLITO!

Hey everybody!
We had our first baptism here in Caballito and it rocked. Rebeca from the Dominican Republic got baptized yesterday and it was awesome. At the beginning of the week we weren´t really sure if she was ready or if she really wanted to get baptized, so we just kept asking her to read and pray every night and she received her answer. 

On Friday we had a lesson in the chapel and we ended up having the lesson IN the baptismal font and it was incredible. The Spirit was so strong and she knew that she was ready to get baptized. After the lesson my companion was saying that we might be wasting time with her but I felt so strongly that she was going to be baptized this weekend, and she did!
The sad part is that her brother didn´t come to church yesterday or to her baptism which really bummed us out and we´ll be going to see him tomorrow. I think that is about it. 

One of the sister missionaries that is working in the other half of the ward told me that we have to write all the weird things that happen here in Argentina. We were talking about it and realized that a lot of things that are probably weird we don´t even recognize because we are already accustomed to it. 

A few things that are different here:
      -We work in an area with a few prostitutes.....and by a few I mean 20....
      -some people chew cocaine leaves for sickness
      -lots of dog poop everywhere haha

Oh, and on a side note, I have come to love Peruvian food. There´s a dish called lomo saltado that is heavenly. Rice with beef and french fries on top. I don´t know how it is made but it rocks my socks off. Alright, I think that is it. 

Love you all, keep being awesome. 


Elder Wardle

No comments:

Post a Comment