Monday, September 30, 2013

Hola todos!

Seriously this time I don´t have much time and of course this falls on a day where I have to ton to write about.

Leo finally got confirmed haha. We called probably 20 to 30 times to wake him up on Sunday and he didn´t answer so we went to his house, something he expressly told us not to do because his mom doesn´t like us, but he had to get confirmed yesterday or would have had to get baptized again.

So we went to his house and then we rang his doorbell for about 5-10 minutes with no answer. He lives in a house with about 10 different habitations so I started ringing ALL the doorbells and finally someone answered haha.

We talked to Leo, who had just woken up, and everybody in that house got mad at us but then we took him to church and he got confirmed!!!

Another miracle, cooler in my opinion, is that we were talking to a less-active family outside their motel on Tuesday night and a kid passed us and so we grabbed him and talked to him for two seconds and gave him a pamphlet of the Restoration. We couldn´t go back to see him the next day because the owners of the motel didn´t want us going back, so one of the kids from that family was accompanying us on Friday and so we went to his motel and asked him to talk to the kid for us.

Jimmy, the kid we gave the pamphlet to, came out and had read the whole pamphlet, was waiting for us to come back, and we invited him to be baptized. He said yes, accepted a baptismal date and said in his prayer that he was grateful that he had found the correct path. He came to church yesterday and is super excited for his baptism this Sunday. He´s 18 years old and in his prayer last night he said, ¨I give Thee thanks that Thou hast led me to Thy Church.¨ What a miracle!

If we just open our mouths, I promise that we will find those that are just waiting to find the truth.

I love you all and I´m so happy to be a missionary and the opportunity I have to talk to EVERYBODY and invite them to come to know Christ as I know Him. 

Thank you guys for being so awesome. 

Love,
Elder Wardle

No comments:

Post a Comment