Monday, April 22, 2013

¡Milagros en Argentina!


Hola familia!

We had an awesome week in the Parque Chacabuco ward! My Spanish is doing a lot better. So, I´ve got some stories so I´m just going to jump right in.

Brandon and Jon, two cousins who are 16 and 12, respectively, came to church last week and they were super stoked to come to church this week, so we went to their house probably every day to see them and they weren´t there, but we met about 4 different family members that live there. It was really funny because they live on the second floor so we just have to yell at them and someone comes to talk to us through the window. 

We talked to Brandon´s younger sister on Saturday afternoon when we were supposed to have a lesson with all of them, and she tells us that none of their family really likes church and that they´re probably not going to come. So, then we go and look for them to take them to church on Sunday morning, and no one answers. We were super bummed and then later in the afternoon we go by to see what happened. There is a soccer field out in front of where they live and we turn the corner and look over at the soccer field and we see Jon running away from us. Then we wait for a little bit and we see him come around the corner, see us, then walk away. We went all Mission Impossible and snuck up on him a little bit and talked to him, because we thought that maybe one of his parents told him not to talk to us.  We asked him what was up and he told us that he was just scared because he thought we were mad that he didn´t come to church. We explained that no way we were mad, just sad and we invited him again. He also told us that he had been reading the book we´d given him, so that was awesome.

When we actually showed up to church all we had with us was our confirmation, which was great but none of our other investigators came. So we go in and the bishop tells us there is a family whose dad isn´t a member and he wants to be taught. We sit by them and then in Elders´ Quorum the subject was priesthood blessings, so he tells us after the meeting that he would really like if we gave his wife a blessing. I guess they just moved to be closer to treatments for her health, we think she has cancer, so we give her a blessing and they were both very emotional.  It was just a miracle, though. Incredible

I know that we are so blessed when we just do what our Heavenly Father wants us to do. He doesn´t ask much, just obedience, and He promises EVERYTHING in return. Doesn´t matter how worn out I am while on the mission, it doesn´t matter how much I do or don´t understand, I am always happy. I love being here and I wouldn´t want to be anywhere else. Of course I miss all of you, but this work is the most amazing thing in the world. I love these people, people that I haven´t even met I already love and it is such a blessing. 

Thank you all for all your support. Pray for me, cause I´m praying for you. (And yes, I know it doesn´t exactly work like that but hey, it´s no big deal, right?) We´re doing three different divisions this week so I´ll be with three different latins for three days this week, hopefully I come back speaking like a native. Alright, until next week!

Love,
Elder Wardle

No comments:

Post a Comment